Thursday, August 23, 2012

I really want to "Soak no more"(A true experience)

This title is apt to describe the exact feelings running through my mind after a horrendous day involving getting wet 3 times causing me to bath 3 times requiring 3 changes in of clothes.It really was a Saturday which caused me to wail in exasperation "I really want to Soak no more"

                               


"I really want to soak no more!!!"

On a fine Saturday,incidentally being a holiday for my college we had planned an interdepartmental match between us Extc(Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering) and Electrical opponents.I woke up in the morning took my usual bath and went to the ground to play.Football in any form is incomplete without rain(primarily because it causes heat to dissipate resulting in higher energy levels and secondarily the mud and water create a different aura altogether offering a new dimension to playing) & were blessed when rain poured in torrents that morning.Soaked to the skin we played football with great enthusiasm and enjoyed it to the core of our hearts.Returning home sticky and wet(partly from rain and sweat both),I decided to take another bath.Seeing my muddy clothes,i felt pity and washed them too saying how many days do come where you do have to wash clothes!(How very wrong i was!). I caught a bit of cold but then i thought it was worth playing football to get such a cold.Feeling fresh i resumed my daily chores.


My trip to belapur point with my cousins & relatives

We had Satyanarayan pooja the next day & hence had relatives staying at our place.I had promised my adventure seeking cousins a hiking trip to a point on a nearby hill called Belapur point(Called so because of the beautiful view of Belapur,my town is seen from that point.). So in the early hours of the evening i took them(along with my uncle who was there to keep a watch on us) on the hike.To my shock,it rained cats and dogs and i got soaked again.Cursing my luck i trudged on & reached the point.The beautiful view made me forget my ordeal to the point where we had to return home when i realized that i would have to take a bath again.So again i took a bath (Taking a bath a 3rd time is no joke i tell you!) and had to soak the clothes in water and then put them to dry.It was tiring but had to be done!

So it was of no surprise when i opposed tooth and nail to mom's idea of going out for dinner as i knew I would be facing a prospective ordeal again of getting wet(I was not taking chance on a wet day like this) and wanted to avoid it at all costs.Knowing too well(because i could see a onset of cold approaching fast) that i could not afford another soaking in the rain.Still a determined and flustered(due to tension of the event tomorrow) mom was a formidable opponent and my weak whining went unnoticed.Sighing,i agreed to the proposal.So armed with an Umbrella i felt confident enough and thought,"At least now i wont get soaked to the core."The dinner went quite well actually to my delight and I felt relieved.But fate had other plans for me.While returning home,it started raining and i opened my umbrella and felt proud of myself of being smart enough this time to carry it.The rain did not subside but on the contrary began its assault increasing its intensity.To my utter horror a strong wind accompanied the rain which turned my umbrella upside down and the rain was free to soak me again.My efforts of holding onto the umbrella in vain as i continued to get soaked.Resigned to my fate i continued walking towards my home literally praying in spite of being aware of the time being 10pm "Please let it me my last soaking of the day". It was then that I uttered the words "I really want to Soak no more"

This article has been written as an entry for the Surf Excel Matic    #SoakNoMore Contest.

Feel free to express yourself.Open to opinions  & constructive criticism

No comments:

Post a Comment